Start the day off right sharpening your skills and learning new ones with AIGA Jacksonville and Adobe! We've lined up two excellent workshops taught by a certified Adobe representative.
Members - Free
Non-Members - $5
Hot tips for working faster with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
9 - 10:45 am
Whether you work mostly on print projects, or you’re more of a jack-of-all-trades, the one thing we all have in common is that there just aren’t enough hours in the day. This workshop will deliver a litany of hot tips in the latest versions of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign that guarantee to save you time.
Just some of what you’ll learn:
Font workflow improvements: The frustrations of “missing font” errors have been eliminated, along with a lot of the time and effort spent managing fonts. Andadding new fonts is easy, now that you can simply click to select and add fonts from the Typekit website.
Smarter Smart Guides: Easily see the distance and alignment between two objects, and Smart Guides will snap when distances between sets of objects match.
Improved Layer Comps: The Layer Comps panel has been redesigned to show which attributes each layer comp controls, and you can sync changes to multiple Layer Comps.
Live Shapes: You can create and control the dimensions and radii of rectangles and rounded rectangles dynamically, either with on-art controls, or by entering precise numbers in the Transform panel.
Pen tool preview: You can preview your drawing before you commit to dropping a point, reducing the need to tweak your creations later.
Anchor Point enhancements: You can now make anchor point handles unequal, repair broken handles, have better control when closing paths, and reposition the closing point on the fly.
- Simplified tables: Easily move columns and rows in tables where you want them, by simply selecting, dragging, and dropping.
- Fixed Layout EPUB: Make interactive EPUB books with live text — such as children’s books, cookbooks, travel books, and textbooks — that are rich with illustrations, photos, audio, video, or animations.
- Color Groups: Manage and organize your color swatches in any way that makes sense for your projects.
Best suited for: Designers who spend most of their day using Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
Adobe products used: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Typekit desktop fonts, and Kuler – all available as part of an Adobe Creative Cloud membership
Learn how to create a beautiful, highly designed EPUB fixed layout ebook using InDesign
11:15 am - 1 pm
In this workshop, you will learn how you can make beautifully designed Fixed Layout EPUB ebooks using InDesign CC. Fixed Layout EPUB is an ideal digital format for highly designed books that rely heavily on graphics, photographs, or illustrations, including children’s books, cookbooks, and travel books.
Just some of what you’ll learn:
- Important design considerations when designing a Fixed Layout EPUB
- How to leverage an existing layout (originally designed for print) and optimizing for EPUB Fixed Layout
- How to integrate multiple types of interactivity - including video, audio and Edge animation - into your digital books
- How to use native InDesign buttons, MSOs and animation to create beautiful interactivity without leaving InDesign and without writing a line of code
Best suited for: Designers who already know InDesign.
Adobe products used: InDesign and Edge Animate – both available as part of an Adobe Creative Cloud membership