2023 AIGA Jacksonville Portfolio Review
AIGA Jacksonville invites you to attend the 34th Annual Student Portfolio Review! Design students or designer's looking to refresh their portfolio will be be paired with local design professionals for feedback on your final portfolios or works-in-progress.
Event Date and Time:
Saturday, April 15, 2023
9:30am - 3:30pm
Snacks, refreshments, and lunch will be provided to all students and reviewers.
Davis College of Business - Room 171
2800 University Blvd N, Jacksonville, FL 32211
- Students - $60 Regular Price* | $50 AIGA Members* | New Membership Deal**
*Covers portfolio review and speaker event admission
**Become an AIGA member for $50 to get into portfolio review and speaker event for free. To redeem, go HERE and sign-up as an AIGA member. We'll have a record of your membership at the check-in table, so no further action would be required.
All Portfolio Review entries include lunch, light snacks, and beverages.
How it works:
Professionals and educators from the Jacksonville area volunteer their Saturday to review students portfolios in a one-on-one setting. Students will have the opportunity to practice interview skills, get constructive feedback on their work and gain insight into the industry. Portfolios can be categorized as print, digital or hybrid, and will be matched up with reviewers who specialize in each area. Snacks, refreshments, and lunch will be provided to all students and reviewers.
Students may elect to enter their portfolio into a judged competition. Our judges are our reviewers, including AIGA members representing all facets of the design community. Award categories include best of show, best in print and best in digital. Winners will be announced via AIGA social channels directly after the event.
On the evening of Friday, April 14th we will be welcoming Alexandra Lee-Lytle Pracek, Creative Art and Marketing Director at Amazon Prime Video as our Portfolio Review speaker! With clients ranging from the National Hockey League (NHL) to Guy Harvey Inc. (to name a few) she is sure to set an inspiring tone leading up the review! Learn more about our speaker and get tickets here.
Who Should Attend?
- Students: Recent and soon-to-be graduates are invited to participate in the Student Portfolio Review. Undergraduate, as well as graduate students, are encouraged to attend.
- Reviewers: Anyone with at least two years of industry experience is welcome to be a reviewer! You will be reviewing student portfolio's in a one-on-one setting and will see approximately 3-5 students during the review. Reviewers can sign up for half-day (9:30-12:30) or full day (9:30-3:30 sessions).
- Students: Your goal for the review is to present your work and get constructive feedback. In order to make that happen, you need to be prepared. Finished portfolio presentations are best, whether it's a custom book, black matte boards in a leather portfolio or an interactive presentation—the choice is yours. If you do intend to show digital pieces, we recommend bringing a laptop or tablet and, to be safe, make sure your work is on your local hard drive, not just online. Those of you still in the throes of creating a one-of-a-kind portfolio are also welcome, as it’s never too early to get constructive feedback.
- Reviewers: Come prepared to give constructive and helpful feedback, and to answer any questions students may have.
- Students: While this isn’t an interview, this is a chance to make connections and make a lasting impression. Be sure that a lasting impression is based on a "Wow!"-worthy book and not a "Wow?!"-worthy wardrobe. Business casual dress is encouraged. Other suggestions include getting a good night's sleep, taking a shower, combing your hair and, of course, brushing your teeth is optional.
Relax, Have Fun
The review doesn’t have to be stressful. Students are here to get constructive feedback on your work and reviewers are here to help however they can!
Students and reviewers get into our Portfolio Review Speaker Event for free! You will receive a promo code at the end of checkout to unlock the free ticket.
Interested in being a reviewer? Register via our tickets section to help students improve their portfolios.
Would you like to volunteer?
AIGA Jacksonville is a 100% volunteer-run organization. Volunteering is a great way to network with your peers, improve your organizational skills, and to give back to your community. The plus side is that you don't have to be a member and you get in for FREE! If you are interested in volunteering for this event, please email email@example.com.