In 2018 we introduced a Code of Conduct that all participants of AIGA Jacksonville activities (physical and digital) agree to adhere to when they choose to take part in our creative community.
This code of conduct is a written commitment of our intent to embrace an attitude of diversity and inclusion in the entirety of our work. We are a welcome home for diverse backgrounds, opinions, and ideas that help us constructively further Jacksonville’s creative professionals.
For a more detailed overview of AIGA’s standards of behavior for our members and the process of reporting violations, visit Code of Conduct, visit www.aiga.org/code-of-conduct.
1. Inclusive for All
AIGA Jacksonville is dedicated to providing an inclusive experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability status, physical appearance, race, ethnicity, age, religion, or political affiliation.
We do not tolerate harassment of participants* in any form, at any community activity. Any participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the activity (without a refund) at the discretion of the organizers.
*Participants include registered attendees, community participants, speakers, special guests, sponsors, exhibitors, and conference associates.
2. Defining Harassment
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Comments that reinforce social structures of domination
(related to gender, sexual orientation, ability status, physical appearance, race, age, religion, or political affiliation)
- Inappropriate sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other activities
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Deliberate damage to, or theft of personal property (digital and physical) belonging to other participants or the hosting space
- Any of the above behavior aimed at or in reference to the AIGA Jacksonville platform or its members on social media
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
If someone makes you or another participant feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. You can make a report either anonymously or in person. To make an anonymous report, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To make a report in person, find an AIGA Jacksonville Executive Board Member. When making a personal report, our team will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. Our team will be happy to contact venue security, local law enforcement, or local support services, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
Any participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the activity (without a refund) at the discretion of the organizers.
They will not be welcome at future AIGA Jacksonville events.
Our community partners will also be alerted to the incident and may sanction offending participants at their own discretion.