What are you working on? Share your ideas and projects with the world by registering for One Spark 2013. One Spark connects you with the audience, support, and funding you need to take your work to the next level.
What Is One Spark?
One Spark is the world’s crowdfunding festival. Think SXSW meets ArtPrize meets Kickstarter.
- Five-day event (April 17 – 21, 2013) in downtown Jacksonville, Florida
- Over 500 Creators (artists, musicians, scientists, technologists)
- More than 65 Venues (e.g. highrises, parking garages, offices, public parks) spanning twenty-six blocks
- $250,000 crowdfund (distributed to Creators by public vote), plus immediate individual investments
Call for Entries
Creators, register at beonespark.com/creators by Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST.
- If you create things (in any medium), you’re a Creator.
- Submit your ideas, works-in-progress, or finished projects.
- Registration is $45, FREE for students with a valid .edu email address.
View Eligibility and Creator Rules.
How One Spark Works
- Creators from all over the world submit entries online (e.g. steel installation, mobile app, startup idea, robot, music set).
- Participating Venues offer exhibition space (e.g. public park, coworking space, pitch deck, highrise lobby, bar).
- Creators and Venues browse, connect, and communicate with one another during Venue-Creator Matchmaking, January 14, 2013 noon – February 15, 2013, 11:59 PM EST. Creators’ work is matched with Venues’ space (e.g. steel installation + public park, mobile app + coworking space, startup idea + pitch deck, robot + highrise lobby, music set + bar). All of the exhibition details for every Venue-Creator match are outlined in a Venue-Creator Hosting Agreement.
- One Spark opens on April 17, 2013. Event attendees view Creator entries at Venues, and vote for their favorites. Attendees may also make immediate individual contributions to any and all projects that inspire them.
- As One Spark draws to a close on April 21, 2013, votes are totaled and the crowdfund is distributed accordingly. For example, if one Creator receives 10% of the total vote, that Creator receives 10% of the total crowdfund, or $25,000. Creators also keep all individual contributions.
One Spark is the idea that game-changers emerge from garages, studios, and dorms. One Spark provides the platform to advance ideas and foster an environment of innovation. Join the One Spark movement today, no excuses.
- Creators (professional or student), register by Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST. Encourage fellow Creators to sign up as well.
- Innovation evangelists, spread the One Spark word. Follow along on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
Questions? Contact the One Spark team at 904.250.0070 or email@example.com.
Published January 17, 2013