Coming up next Wednesday at ArtWalk, we’ll be hosting our quarterly Atomic Sketch at CoWork Jacksonville and the Florida Theatre with our fundraising efforts focused on the charity, Movember Foundation — a global charity working to “change the face” of men’s health by growing mustaches throughout the month of November to raise awareness and funds for prostate and testicular cancer.
How Movember Works
Men register online at movember.com and start the month of November aka Movember clean shaven. For the next 30 days, these “Mo Bros” become a walking talking billboard for men’s health awareness — a topic that is often ignored. As they grow their mustache, friends, family, coworkers, and the “Mo Sistas” in their lives are encouraged to support them my making a donation online or participating in local Movember events.
Why We Do It
- 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in his lifetime.
- More than 65% of all prostate cancers are diagnosed in men over the age of 65.
- In 2012, more than 242,000 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer; more than 28,000 will die.
- Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in American males between the ages of 15 and 35.
- In 2012, 8,590 men will be diagnosed with testicular cancer, and 360 will die.
Funds raised in the US benefit the Prostate Cancer Foundation and the LIVESTRONG Foundation
If you are already part of Movember or would like to be, please sign up and get added to the team to help group effort toward the AIGA Jacksonville team, and the Movember Jax network: You can register yourself here, click on “register” in the upper right section:
Movember Home: http://us.movember.com/?home
While filling out the registration, you can get added to our team:
Team: AIGA Jacksonville
Team URL: http://us.movember.com/team/491681