1. What is your current occupation? Is poster design something you typically do?
I am a UI/UX designer. Poster design is something that allows me to scratch that creative itch that work just can’t hit. I frequently find myself making graphic agitation in the form of posters.
2. How did you pick your song for the Poster Show? Is there a specific time period or memory associated with it?
My goal is always to find a song the is relevant to the social and or political context of that summer.
3. Designing around a song can be broad and challenging. What was your process for creating the poster, and what were some of the choices you made in imagery?
The process for creating my posters can be found here. http://corey-kolb.com/portfolio/southern-man/ and here http://corey-kolb.com/portfolio/2nd-place-winner-of-aiga-its-always-summer-poster-show/
4. What made you want to participate in the Poster Show? Have you made a poster for it before?
I have made posters in the past and plan to do so as long as I am capable. ASPS is like christmas for your eyes.
5. Can you share what song you’ve chosen this year or offer any sneak peeks?
Still working on this.