1. What is your current occupation? Is poster design something you typically do?
I’m UX, UI and Product designer of KAYAK in Boston MA. I like to spend my free time illustrating and hand lettering, but it’s not something I typically do as much as I wish I could.
2. How did you pick your song for the Poster Show? Is there a specific time period or memory associated with it?
Usually the song I pick for the poster show is a song that I’m constantly listening to during the summer months or had a huge impact on my summer, usually the song I pick is fun and upbeat.
3. Designing around a song can be broad and challenging. What was your process for creating the poster, and what were some of the choices you made in imagery?
I try to think of a song like it was a movie or a music video, that makes the imagery become more visual. I love retro movie posters, they can tell a visual story without even having to watch the movie. back in the day before trailer told all, it was the poster that gave you sneak peak.
4. What made you want to participate in the Poster Show? Have you made a poster for it before?
I love the Poster show I try to participate each year.
5. Can you share what song you’ve chosen this year or offer any sneak peeks?
Unfortunately, I was too busy with the move to Boston that I could start one, I had a song and design in concept but not enough time to execute. Maybe next year!!